02 December 2007

busy bee

a big hug to all!

i promised sarah i'd post a longer entry on passing the nclex-rn exam, so here goes...

the letter arrived after 13 business days from the date it was written...almost 33 days from the time i took the actual exam. i was on duty the day it arrived and my mom decided not to tell me because she knew i wouldn't be able to concentrate on my work if i learned about the letter.

my friends (who also took the exam) and i went out for snacks after my duty because we were all feeling the pressure and anxiety over the long-awaited results. my mom and brother were calling me to ask what time i was coming home and i didn't put too much thought on this because i assumed they were worried i won't be able to come home because of the heavy rain. it was almost 7 pm when we parted and i decided to visit the adoration chapel to pray for strength and guidance.

when i arrived home, i instantly felt the tension. they were all too quiet. my brother then tossed the letter to me and when i saw it was a small envelope from california, i was smiling from ear to ear. a bigger envelope usually means bad news.

so i tore it open, read the body of the letter (only the first sentence), then jumped up and down like a kangaroo hehehe it was such a high!


my mother burst into tears because she was tense the whole day fearing the worst lol

two of my friends didn't pass and the other one is still waiting for her envelope to arrive. talk about torture.

i hope the retrogression will be lifted soon...i can't wait to work and live with my sister!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats Ley!!!! So happy for you my friend. :) Lapit na lang na ah. :)

sarski said...

bongga, mas stressed out pa ya si mother mo kaysa imo. i'm really happy for you, gwaps! makaapas ka gid na diri before you know it :D see you soon!

chocoliya said...

gena: thanks wafs!

sars: hehe man gni...sala ya man la sya nanugd dayun, tni nag half day lg ko duty para kapuli and mabal-an result hehehe see u soon 2!